|Home|||||About|||||Galleries|||||Workshops|||||Sales Info|||||Art Terms|||||Blog|||||Mailing List|||||Links|||||Contact|
“Rumble” depicts one side of the historic Gregg Building, on Albert Street in Winnipeg which is graced with this hand painted advertising from a bygone era. Built in 1902, the owner G.R. Gregg and Co. imported silk, other textiles, chinaware and novelties from the Orient. They were the primary occupant of the building prior to the First World War, with some space leased to various textile manufacturers’ agents. A more diverse group of businesses were using the building by the 1920s. Fred Rumble Agencies, representing the MacGregor lines, established itself here in the 1920’s and remained for several decades. The Gregg Company survived on a greatly reduced scale into the mid-1950s, marketing scarves and handkerchiefs through a Winnipeg agent in the period after the Second World War. The 1950s must have been quite the rumble for these exchange district firms.
Digital Photo matte finish archival ink reproduction on to Fine Art acid-free paper, Limited Edition Run of 75 prints for this image.
Price for 3.875" x 7" Limited Edition Print $35 plus shipping and taxes. Matting and framing not included.